Friday, March 2, 2012

Pater Noster

In between classes we had a long enough break to take a gander up the hill to a church called Pater Noster. This was one of the most beautiful and unique church I have visited thus far.
 I really loved it and it was fun to visit, even if we had to pay 5 shekels. 
The church has plaques painted with the Lord's Prayer in 62 different languages.
This is believed to be the place where Jesus taught the disciples the Lord's Prayer.
Me and #17
We spreken Arabic

Sweet Ashley and me in the courtyard




Behind the church was a beautiful grove! Complete with a spectacular view of the city.
It truly was a glorious day to skip and frolic through this meadow.



Women of Jerusalem - Frolick Yourself!







In the spirit of prayer - let me take a moment to bear my testimony.
I know that my prayers are answered. I know that I have a Father in heaven who hears my small pleas, and listens to me through my trials. I know that Christ prayed when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane, and that example teaches me that God is always there, no matter how big or small our problem may seem. I know that I am loved, and known, individually. I know that prayer is a form of work, and if we take the time to speak to our Heavenly Father, we can create a strong relationship with Him and truly come to know Him.


And with that . . . 
Amen, Sista!


5 comments:

  1. <3

    "women of jeru... frolic yourselves!"
    oh bailey boo boo, boo boo boo, looks like you're having the time of your life. we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. b you are hillarious! i love the "frolick yourself"! you crack me up and i will say it again.. you look like you are having the time of your life!! love love love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that church does look amazing! Crazy how much detail has been preserved for so long

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the 'Amen' collage. Chu are so cool. Frrrrrost yourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, i loved your testimony. Glad you are growing and strengthening your love of God and Jesus Christ.

    ps how much is 5 shekels?

    ReplyDelete