Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Turkey Day! {2,495 steps & flying through the air!}

I'm in Turkey! Instanbul! 
We had a very long day of traveling traveling traveling and flying - but we made it! 
Turkey is absolutely beatiful. So far we have only seen the city at night, but the architecture of every building is fascinating, and there are seriously mosques every direction you look; up, down, sideways, north, diagonal, west, left, south, east, right!


OH! Funny story. Once we got through the security check point in the airport - I lost my boarding pass!!!! Funny, huh? NO. I was in shock, and extremely stressed. I quickly retraced all my steps, saying silent prayers and hoping that it would turn up. And guess where I found it?Laying on the ground . . . next to a janitor who was quickly sweeping the floor. My ticket found its way into the janitor's dust pan, but luckily I was able to run forward and rescue it.
Prayers are answered! The church is true!

Happy Turkey Day! 
I am thankful to be here, participating in such a wonderful program and to be surrounded by such glorious friends.
I am thankful for the experiences I am having and the knowledge I am gaining.
I am thankful for the gospel, and the marvelous professors at the JC which increase my faith and testimony.

3 comments:

  1. B you crack me up! I am glad you know the church is true! love love!! thank you janitor! did you give him a hug?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh istanbul! that's number one on my list!!! have so much fun B! go janitor go janitor go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you found your boarding pass......imagine that was pretty stressful for you while you were searching for it. Cant wait to see more pictures of TURKEY. Love to you and Megan.

    ReplyDelete