Saturday, February 25, 2012

Everyday I'm Tunneling {6,829 steps}


Hezekiah's Tunnel was an absolute dream! I felt like I was at Disney Land!
We started out the day by walking to the City of David, overlooking the city, and checking out some ruins.
No one plucks my harp...

City of David
with Davo!

The tunnel is 533 m long and starts at the Gihon Spring and leads all the way down to the Pool of Siloam. 
Pre-game before the tunnel


Then we were ready to enter the tunnel! Head lamps at the ready - we jumped on in!
I I I so excited
Tunneling it up!
I was laughing the entire time we were in the tunnel. It was pitch black, the water was up to our knees for the most part, even higher in others, and I didn't mind one bit! I danced, skipped, jumped, frolicked...My headlamp even had a strobe light feature and there was MUCH dancing. And we saw that it was good. And it twas.



We made it!                             





Before . . . After
We look sad - but just because we were wet and cold . . .
I would go back in a heartbeat!

And the Finale . . . Speedo anyone?
  The real finale of this trip was ending at the Pool of Siloam, sitting on the steps, singing hymns, and listening to this beautiful poem that Cassidy wrote:


Forever At His Feet
~St. John 9:1-12

–He stopped for me.
On the corner of the street I lie with no sight-–
At His feet I plea. 

“Who did sin?” ask the three
When they see my eyes clouded by forever night.
–He stopped for me.

Astounded that I was chosen when you didn’t leave; 
My hands search for Him in my delight.
At His feet I plea. 

Spittle made from clay, and I believe; 
His thumbs anoint mine eyes, my wretchedness despite.
–He stopped for me.

“Go wash in the pool of Siloam,” directs He.
As I washed, came colors to my vision bright:
At His feet I plea

Through His love He has made me free 
Never will I forget the man in White who showed me light.
–He stopped for me.
At His feet I will plea.




Steps of the Pool
Beautiful Day in Jerusalem!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome day, were you freaked out at all walking in the tunnel? When I walk in murky water like that, I am always scared something is going to come and bite my ankles!!

    Also, that poem is beautiful

    ReplyDelete