Monday, February 6, 2012

As if I didn't think Petra was cool enough . . . Take 14,895 Steps to the left my friend

JORDAN DAY #3!

Today was jam-packed with all kinds of fun...

MOSQUE.
.
.
.
.







We went to the King Abdullah Mosque.
It was absolutely beautiful, and very interesting to learn more about Islam and the Muslim religion. 


Rockin' the Muslim style.


CITADEL OF AMMAN.
We explored these ruins and took many a photo here . . .
Meg, Ethan, Wesley, Bailey
Featuring the Fantastic Four

Sister Power

Tebow like you mean it




Inside of an ancient church



Working the fanny packs





JABBOK RIVER & LUNCH


Lunch was absolutely A*M*A*Z*I*N*G*
We stopped a place called the Green Room and partook of delicious homemade pitas, shiskabobs, and ended with a delightful orange for dessert . It twas especially fun to watch them make the pita bread - which was divine if I may add .






Here at the Jabbok river we read scriptures and sang a few hymns .


JERASH.

OK - prepare yourselves for yet another amazing adventure.
I didn't know we were going to Jerash - I thought the highlight of the trip  to Jordan would be Petra.
But, Jerash was soooo sweet.
Jerash is an amazingly preserved Greco-Roman city. In fact I believe it is the largest ancient city that still stands today. I loved walking around and exploring - I felt like I was in Hercules or something.
There were amphitheaters, pillars galore, streets, buildings, monuments, courtyards, chariot racing complex...the works!












The jump that led to -->
Meg breaking her shoe!
Worth it!


Earth Shake!

Strike a Pose
Seriously, so in love with Jerash







CAR MUSEUM.

The finale of the day was stopping at the Jordan Automobile Museum, which featured many stylin' cars of Jordan King's and what not...

Best photo op ever...

We ride in style ! 


3 comments:

  1. it's official. i'm going to jerusalem. well not official in that i applied and got a accepted and what not, but official that i just made up my mind that i'm going. this is all so so so so so amazing! i love the fantastic four. and the pillar picture! and you! and meg! and jerusalem! and your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your creative photographer-ness. The pics and collages on this post are my faves. Also all of your captions and the title had me giggling. Oh I just love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fun pictures. You are so clever. Looks like you are having the time of your life. I am so happy you can be in Jerusalem to learn and grow. hugs

    ReplyDelete